Short term rentals will be closed from Wednesday, January 5th until Wednesday, January 26th, 2022. If you are interested in visiting the space, tours are by APPOINTMENT only.
44 Gaukel’s first floor is composed of lockable, semi-private creative work spaces rented out by the City of Kitchener. These semi-private creative workspaces are used by artists, creative businesses, non-profits, and innovative entrepreneurs who come together to create a positive community environment. Check out our tenant page to see who is currently at 44 Gaukel.
- Fiber Internet / Wi-FI
- Lockable creative workspace
- 24/7 building access via RFID card
- Common area cleaning service
- Private bookable meeting rooms
- Shared kitchenette & restrooms
- Access to artist cleanup sink
Pricing starts at $2/sq ft/month, with various incentives available to reduce the cost per square foot. Incentives can include the following:
- Local artist or arts based organization
- Registered non-profit or charitable organization
- Rental of a space without windows
- Rental of multiple spaces on the first floor
- Hosting a bi-monthly public event
- A skill barter or trade